D.1.5 - Intellectual Property management plan/rules
The Consortium Agreement (CA) has legally established the framework for IPR and cooperation within the consortium. This deliverable outlines the IP management rules and practices beyond the CA.
- This IP management plan will support preparing D2.2 and establishing the OI platform in D8.2.
- Each partner remains the sole owner of its IPR over its background (e.g. proprietary teaching materials, cases, etc.), which is clearly listed in the CA. As a general rule, prior explicit consent will always be necessary in order to make public information that is owned by one partner.
- Three IP management tools are provided:
- the CA with a list of all background,
- a centralised repository of IPR information (incl. access and publications rights) in the project's portal,
- and a Sustainability and Exploitation Plan (D8.1), which will recollect the legal IPR framework needed to support future exploitation of project results.
These IPR will apply mainly when looking at business cases.
However, it is important to note that the curricula and public reports will be published under the Creative Commons license to ensure largest up-take by the academic community and the OI community ("Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" or "CC BY-SA 3.0"). All public information on the OI-Net website is also published under that licence model as mentioned at the bottom of the OI-Net website.