OI-Net Dissemination Activities in Western Balkan Countries
Series of dissemination activities on open innovation education took place under the OI-Net programme with the support of ECAC at different universities in Albania, Macedonia and Kosovo.
Dissemination activities were formally structured in form of open lectures and conference presentations.
Open lectures “Beyond the Borders through Education on Open Innovation” took place at the following universities:
Open lectures were open to students, professors and invited people from business, local governments, civil society and media coming from local urban areas. Participants in activities were representing the following areas:
- Students participating in the open lectures studied bachelor, and master programs from Department of Economy, Political Sciences, Law, Business, Administration and Informatics.
- Professors from related departments,
- Civil Society representatives,
- Local business and industry representative,
- Representative from municipalities,
- Media representatives,
- There were 320 participants in the above mentioned open lectures.
- Online portals of the above institutions published activities,
- Outdoors leaflets were disseminated in three out of seven activities,
Open lectures were structured in the following integrated parts:
- Questioners on the status of the participants knowledge about concept , practice and curricula on open innovation,
- “Beyond Borders through Education on Open Innovation ”
- The case study of OI-Net , based on the PPT presentation prepared by OI-Net project team,
- Discussions and answers on different issues linked to the open lecture;
During lectures the open innnovation concept, literature references, practices and the The Academic Network for Open Innovation (OI-Net) were introduced .
OI-Net, an academic network that aims institutionalizing education on open innovation at European level through establishing universitary curricla and programes on open innovation. Along open lectures It was emphasised also the need to include OI as a full teaching discipline in order to be fulfilled the job market needs for skilled employees and therefore to increase the competitiveness of the European enterprises. It was mentioned also that OI-Net aims outlining and exchanging up-to-date concepts, and good practices in open innovation and open innovation education across different actors at European dimension.
Conference presentations took place:
At University of South East Europe in Skopje. R. of Macedonia (3.06.2016)
Title of the Conference “Energy Security and Environmental Challenges in Western Balkans”
Title of presentation “ Open Innovation” Education for Secure, Clean and Eficent Energy”
Aim of the presentation was to emphasize the role and necessity of education and practices on open education in order to support environmental security, clean and efficient energy in Western Balkans countries.
Ministers of environments, economy, defense and other high level officials participated in the international scientific conference. Students, professors, researchers
There were 120 participants in the activity, while electronic and written media broadly published conference in national and local level.
At University of Business and Technology in Pristine, R. of Kosovo (9.09.2016)
Title of the Conference: “Austro-Albanian Relation along the two last Centuries”
Title of presentation ”Regional Cooperation through Education on Open Innovation”
There were 110 participants in the activity. Minister of Foreign Affairs, Rectors of Prishtina, Gjakova and Prizren and other high level officials participated in the international scientific conference. Students, professors, researchers and civil society participated in the conference , too.
Electronic and written media published conference agenda and pre messages of the conference.