- Innovation for healthy living and active ageing; and
- Raw materials: sustainable exploration, extraction, processing, recycling and substitution.
The first step in the process leading up to the designation of the new KICs in December 2014 is the publication of the Selection Criteria. These criteria build on the principles set in the EIT Regulation and the EIT's core values of impact, excellence and partnership. Aligned with the EIT's mission, these criteria will ensure that the designated KICs have all the elements that make a KIC a KIC.
1. Principles for selection of new KICs
2. Indicative timeline for the selection and designation of new KICs
- 12 December 2013: Publication of the Selection Criteria
- January 2014: Publication of the Framework of Guidance*, the EIT Financial Rules and the EIT Principles for financing, monitoring and evaluating KIC activities
- 14 February 2014: Launch of the 2014 call for KICs
- 14 March 2014: Information Day in Budapest
- 10 September 2014: Closure of the 2014 call for KICs
- December 2014: Designation of the new KICs
3. How will the proposals be evaluated?
4. Where can more information about the 2014 Call for KICs proposals be obtained?
Source: by the EIT - The European Institute of Innovation & Technology