Mobilising Universities for Smart Specialisation
20th June 2014, Brussels, Belgium
The S3 Platform together with DG REGIO and the European University Association is convening a high level conference on the role of universities in smart specialisation in Brussels. The agenda includes four cases studies of university-regional partnerships in the development of Smart Specialisation Strategies, as well as presentations on EU support by the Director Generals for Regional Policy, Research and Education.
The S3 platform is the platform established by the European Commission to provide professional advice to EU countries and regions for the design of their research and innovation strategies for smart specialisation (RIS3). Their services include:
- Providing guidance material and good practice examples
- Organising information sessions for policy makers and participating in conferences
- Providing training to policy-makers
- Facilitating peer-reviews
- Supporting access to relevant data
- Participating in high quality research projects to inform strategy formation and policy making.