ERASMUS Congress and Exhibition 2014
28 April -2 May 2014, Nicosia, Cyprus
Under the patronage of Mrs Androulla Vassiliou, Member of the European Commission,
Organised by the European Association of ERASMUS Coordinators in cooperation with the European Association of Career Guidance and the INENTER Network
ERASMUS Coordinators, Placement and Internships Managers, Career Officers, Researchers and Professionals with an interest in the ERASMUS Programme and belong either to the academic or business world, are invited to participate in the Congress and to make presentations and submit written papers on their experiences in areas related to the ERASMUS Programme. Proposals for sessions and workshops within the Congress are also invited.
The 5th annual CAREER-EU Conference 2014 will be held in parallel.
- "Erasmus +: how to exploit its full potential to reform higher education", by Mrs Vanessa Debiais Sainton, Acting Head of Sector Erasmus, Higher Education, Modernisation Agenda; Erasmys, Higher Education and International Affairs, DG Education and Culture, European Commission
- "Erasmus +: cooperation with Universities from all over the world", by Ms Claire Morel, Deputy Head of Unit, International Cooperation and Programmes, DG Education and Culture, European Commission.
- Session 1 - "The Erasmus Student Network and the benefit for universities". Session Coordinator Stefan Jahnke, President, Erasmus Student Network, Belgium.
- Session 2 - "Erasmus + in the perspective of students". Session Coordinator Stefan Jahnke, President, Erasmus Student Network, Belgium.
- Session 3 - "Erasmus without papers". Session Coordinator Luciano Saso, Sapienza University of Rome and Valere Meus, Ghent University, Belgium.
- Session 4 - "Alignment between Higher Education supply and Industry demand. Are we teaching for employability?", Session Coordinator: Nuno Escudeiro, EAEC Management Board, Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal.
- Session 5 - "Academic Innovation", Session Coordinator: Gregory Makrides, EAEC President.
- 5.1 - "Changing the teaching and learning landscape: Innovation in Education", by Dr Anna Trifilova, Leader of Teaching and Coaching Innovation, ISPIN and University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- 5.2 - Workshop: "Design Thinking in Engineering", Malgorzata Swit, Unit for Internationalisation of Education, Lodz University of Technology, Poland and Manuel Jose Fernandez Iglesias, International Relations Office, University of Vigo, Spain.
- Workshop 1 - "PRAXIS Tutorial: The European Centre for Project/Internships Excellence", by Nuno Escudeiro, EAEC Management Board, Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Portugal.
- Workshop 2 - " Internationalization - Opportunities and Challenges", by Charalambos Chrysostomou, EAEC Vice-President, Director of Research, International and Public Relations, Cyprus University of Technology and Dia Evagorou, International Relations Officer, Cyprus University of Technology.
- Workshop 3 - "Using personality and skills diagnostic tools for the selection of potential university students", by Demetris Vassilakkas, Future Advisor Career Development, Larnaca, Cyprus.
- Workshop 4 - "On the way towards a simple, precise and reliable conversion of grades in Europe", by Valère Meus, Ghent University, International Relations Expert, Coordinator EGRAGONS project, Belgium.
- Workshop 5 - "Integration and Promotion of Staff Training Courses at Universities across Europe", IMOTION Project Consortium.
- Workshop 6 - "Learning Outcomes, ECTS and the wonderful world", by Volker Gehmlich, Professor of Strategic and Culture, Faculty of Business Management and Social Sciences, Osnabrueck University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Workshop 7 - "Education to Employment: Getting Europe's youth into work", by Roger Hessel, Vice-President of the European Association of Career Guidance and Dr Jens Baganz.
- Workshop 8 - "ERASMUS without paper", Session Coordinator Luciano Saso, Sapienza University of Rome, and Valere Meus, Ghent University, Belgium.
- Universities of Eastern Europe: big picture and cooperation opportunities, by Yulia Yakovleva, Universities Relations and Marketing Manager at EEUA, Eastern European University Association (EEUA), Russia
- STORY – Strengthening Training Opportunities for International Youth, by Stefan Jahnke, President, Erasmus Student Network, Belgium
- ESN Survey 2014, by Stefan Jahnke, President, Erasmus Student Network, Belgium
- Exchangeability 2014, by Stefan Jahnke, President, Erasmus Student Network, Belgium
- Second Graduates' Absorption Study: A tool measuring graduates' career success (updated period 2006- 2009), by Giorgos Papadourakis, Technological Educational Institute of Crete, Greece
- No Job without experience, no experience without job - Can dual education break the vicious circle?, by Roger Hessel, Vice-President of the European Association of Career Guidance
- International Programmes & Projects Influence On The University's Development, Anna Opalka, University of Applied Sciences in Nysa
- Appearance Matters – Optimizing the outcomes for vocational guidance counselling and vocational training, Martin Persson, Centre for Appearance Research, University West of England, Bristol, Karin Kronika, BEST Institut für berufsbezogene Weiterbildung und Personaltraining GmbH , Ingmarie Rohdin, Folkuniversitetet Kursverksamheten vid Lunds Universitetet, Kristianstad, SE,Ecaterina Constantinova, ASEV - Agenzia per lo Sviluppo Empolese Valdelsa, Empoli, IT, Arnoldas Jurgutis, Klaipeda University, Ingrid Øverbø, Rogaland School- and business Development Foundation, Stavanger
- From Erasmus - Ip & Erasmus - Cd To Erasmus+ Partnerships For Higher Education, I.A. Kaliakatsos, C.Petridis, T.E.I. of Crete, Dept. of Electronic Engineering.