PhD Positions in Technology & Innovation Management and Open Innovation
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
RMIT is driven by impact and, as the world economy transforms, the University has a responsibility to make the resulting changes work for the whole of society. In support of this, RMIT has created a cohesive and supportive environment for entrepreneurship and innovation activity within RMIT’s research network of enabling capability platforms (ECPs), research centres, groups and research collaborations. Unlike traditional discipline-based research structures, ECPs connect researchers from multiple disciplines and from across all RMIT colleges under a thematic umbrella. This provides a vehicle that allows RMIT to deploy its areas of research excellence to comprehensively address critical local, national, regional and global challenges and capture emerging opportunities.
The Global Business Innovation Enabling Capability Platform Director, Prof. Anne-Laure Mention, offers several Phd Positions with starting date in 2017. Focus areas include, but are not restrictive to, digitalisation and economic transformation; the App economy; Innovation in services; Intellectual Property and Open Innovation; Innovation Tools and Performance.
Prospective candidates should:
• have a MSc in related fields such as business, economics, management, statistics, industrial management, engineering;
• be familiar with research methods such as surveys, interviews, experiments, case studies;
• have a strong background in statistical analysis or be willing to develop it;
• have excellent presentation skills;
• have excellent written and spoken English skills;
• previous industry experience is an asset, as well as strong industry connections;
• be open-minded, curiosity-driven and impact-oriented, creative, able to work autonomously and with teams.
Prior research experience is an asset.