INSPIRE is a Coordination and Support Action funded by the European Commission which aims to profes-sionalize Open Innovation (OI) processes within Eu-rope’s SMEs.
INSPIRE seeks to pool knowledge, expertise and inter-est around Open Innovation in SMEs.
The key project objectives are to:
The target groups:
- Innovation support intermediaries
- Research communities
- Policy makers
- Society at large
Analyze a wide pool of OI cases undertaken by SMEs across the EU
270 SME OI cases and 120 good practices identified;
Design and develop an Integrated OI Toolbox, including:
- Sets of OI indicators to help an SME in the decision making and action planning involved in OI projects;
- Management support modules to cover all phases of an OI project and support both internal innovation activities and external collaboration activities with partner(s);
- Good practice case studies of OI in SMEs illustrating the points raised by the modules via actual real-life stories.
Test and validate the OI Toolbox
- The Integrated OI Toolbox is to be embedded in a web plat-form and validated through focus groups and pilot testing in real-life OI projects carried out by SMEs across the EU.
- Training materials for the OI management modules and the use of the INSPIRE platform are also to be developed.
Mobilize the participation and engagement of innovation stakeholders with a view to encouraging the widespread adoption of OI
A set of targeted workshops and outreach activities are to be implemented, including a feasibility study and a deployment roadmap that secures the exploitation of INSPIRE’s outcomes in the long term.
- 270 cases of SME OI projects collected from all types of SMEs
- 120 good practice OI projects carried out by SMEs, identified with the help of international experts
- 16 Management Modules covering all the different phases of OI in an SME ...
INSPIRE is run by a multidisciplinary consortium of ex-perienced organizations working in Open Innovation and SMEs and coordinated by the University of Brighton:
- UNIVERSITY OF BRIGHTON (COORDINATOR) (UK)
- LAPPEENRANTA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (FINLAND)
- INSTITUTE FOR MANAGEMENT OF INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY (SWEDEN)
- VERHAERT NEW PRODUCTS & SERVICES NV (BELGIUM)
- KINNO CONSULTANTS LTD (GREECE)
- LITHUANIAN INNOVATION CENTER (LITHUANIA)
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION INTERNATIONAL (LUXEMBOURG)
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY FACILITIES COUNCIL (UK)
- ESADE (Spain)
For further information: